Cash App is one of the most trusted choices of banking consumers as it offers numerous financial services to them such as Cash App loan and Cash App ATM service. How to transfer money from gift card to Cash App, however, remains one of the most anticipated queries that we will be addressing in the present article.
How to Transfer Money from Gift Card to Cash App?
Cash App is one of the top peer-to-peer mobile payment applications in operation for a while now. You can send money to your friends and family online using the user-friendly interface of its application in just a few clicks and make transfers from Cash App to Chime, Cash App to PayPal, Cash App to Direct Express and many other platforms.
In addition to the basic functionalities it offers, the financial provider also lets you trade stocks, buy them, or sell them too. One of the core features of this article is how to transfer money from gift card to Cash App isn’t yet possible.
Gift cards as we all know is a prepaid debit cards on which you can load a certain amount to use for various purchases. They are of two different types i.e., closed-loop gift cards and general-use prepaid gift cards.
Cash App does not allow you to add any sort of gift card as it does not support these gift-based cards. However, you can add cards from Discover, American Express, Visa, and MasterCard to the Cash App to make payments.
How Can I Add Gift Card to Cash App?
You can combine both the balances on your different Visa gift cards to only one card and pay using the Cash App balance. To do so, you will have to add your gift card to the Cash App. Here is what you need to do.
- Go to the Cash App on your device.
- Next, go to the My Cash tab by clicking on the icon of a building located in the lower-left corner.
- Now click on + Add Credit Card under your bank name.
- Here, you need to enter your gift card information.
- Lastly, click on Add Card to add the gift card to your Cash App account.
All in all, you cannot add or even deposit a Visa gift card to the Cash App account directly. Their balance is not transferable to any account so you will have to opt for alternative ways.
How To Transfer Money from Gift Card to Cash App?
Cash App does not facilitate the transfer of money directly from the gift card. to do so, you must link your gift card to the PayPal account. Once you do that, you have to transfer the money from your PayPal account to your Cash App balance.
- Go to PayPal. Log in to your official account.
- Now, select the option of PayPal balance.
- Click on the option of Link a Card to include the gift card there.
- Enter all the necessary card information there.
- Click on the option of Link Card.
- Now again, log in to the PayPal account to send money from PayPal to Cash App via the gift card.
- Click on the option of Transfer money.
- Select Transfer to your bank option.
- Click on the option of Next.
- Once done, enter the amount you wish to transfer.
- Review all the details once and click on the Transfer option to complete the process.
Now that we know that you cannot transfer money from a prepaid gift card to a Cash App account, we will dive into the alternate approach. Once you have completed the above process, here is how you can do so by using the CardCash service to facilitate your process.
- Go to the CardCash official website.
- There, enter the name of the merchant and the balance amount on your gift card.
- Next, click on the option of Get Offer. If there is an offer for your card, you will see the PayPal balance amount you will be getting after an exchange with a gift card.
- If you want to accept the amount, click on the Get Cash option.
- Next, a pop-up window will appear where you have to select PayPal Express as the payment method.
- Here, enter the gift card number and the PIN.
- Now, connect it with your PayPal account.
- Once done, click on Get my PayPal Balance.
- The balance will then reach your PayPal wallet
- As soon as it does, you can transfer the money to your bank account.
- After the money is in your bank account, you can add it to your Cash App wallet.
This is the only outlet to transfer money from a gift card to Cash App where you have to add your PayPal wallet. Make a transfer to your bank account then through which you can add it to your Cash App wallet. This method is quite famous when sending money from Amazon gift card to PayPal.
What Gift Cards Are Accepted by Cash App?
Unfortunately, Cash App lacks behind supporting the feature of gift cards on its platform. But, it is nonetheless the best financial provider of all facilitating millions of users to date. The only cards that Cash App supports are.
- American Express
It also does not support any business debit cards, PayPal, and even ATM cards so all of these are straight out of question.
Before You Go!
As of now, you cannot link a gift card to the cash app or even use a prepaid card to add a balance to your account. There is no such direct option too to transfer money from a gift card to the cash app. To bridge this process, you must make a money transfer from PayPal.
Although the cash app stands out among its competitors in terms of other financial services, this is the only feature it does not facilitate you with. You can work around the method by adding a visa gift card to your PayPal account. After that, you can easily transfer money from a gift card to a cash app through linked bank accounts.
Miriam Caldwell is a dedicated & expert freelance writer to educate people about personal finance management and budgeting. She shared her knowledge and published the articles at TheBalance.com, GOBankingRates, and BlissfullyDomestic.com. Many financial institutes pick Caldwell as the brilliant source for educational personal finance content.