Cash App offers internet-based payments and helps you to pay for your purchases and bills in routine life using Cash App balance. While it offers numerous services, we will learn about can you deposit a paper check on Cash App, and how it facilitates its customers with this respective feature.
Can You Deposit a Paper Check on Cash App?
Yes, Cash App supports the feature of depositing a check through its platforms. Although this feature is not yet available for all the users, it will soon be once the platform clears off all the glitches and bugs. Rolling out the mobile check deposit system, Cash App allows its consumers to deposit checks into their Cash App accounts.
Cash App only accepts the Electronic Check, meaning that you have to submit an electronic picture of the paper check using its Mobile Check Capture feature. Once you submit the Electronic Check, you will receive a confirmation from the Cash App of submission and whether it was accepted or rejected.
In addition to this, you can deposit a check on Cash App and money orders too of all these sorts. The deposits can also be made to your Cash Card or Cash App through electronic transfer as discussed earlier. But direct deposit of paper checks is not yet facilitated by the Cash App and you will have to do it using the electronic method.
How Can You Enable Mobile Check Deposit on Cash App?
Now that we know that Cash App accepts the mobile check deposit, you must enable it before diving into the further process. To enable the mobile check deposit on Cash App, here is what you need to do.
- Go to the Cash App on your smartphone.
- Click on the option of the Banking tab located right at the bottom left of your screen.
- Next, click on the option of Deposit.
- Once done, click on the option of Transfers and copy the details including your account number and the routing number.
- You need to send these details to your check issuer to proceed further.
- Now go back to the Cash App and choose the option of Direct Deposit Form.
- Enter all the necessary details of your check issuer or the company you are employed at.
- Follow further on-screen instructions on the Cash App direct deposit.
- Lastly, upload the form when you are done filling it out.
How to Deposit Check on Cash App?
After enabling the Mobile Check Deposit option on your Cash App, you can use it for check deposits on the Cash App. Here is how you can do so.
- Go to the Cash App on your device.
- Click on the option of Balance located at the top left corner of your screen.
- Now, scroll down and you will come across the option of Deposit a Check.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit here and make sure you do not exceed the allowed amount on the Cash App.
- Next, you need to capture a clear picture of your check, both the front and back sides.
- Make sure your check is endorsed and that you have written For Deposit Only below your signature on the check.
You must review all the check details once before finalizing the deposit to avoid any inconvenience. To do so, you can go to the Profile Setting page on the Cash App and review your email address, account name, account number, and check details.
What Is The Eligibility Criteria for Cash App Electronic Check?
To make a successful deposit of paper checks using the Cash App Mobile Check Capture, there are certain prerequisites to abide by. The eligibility criteria for Cash App electronic check include.
- Make sure that the check is payable in US dollars.
- The check you deposit must be within your reach and in your possession.
- The check must be payable by the bank and credit union in the United States.
- The maker should authenticate the check properly, leaving no anomalies behind.
- You must not alter the check under any circumstances.
- The check must be written in your name, or as a joint check including the name of another individual.
- Your check must not be postdated. Review the date on your check before depositing.
- Do not exceed the amount limit allowed by the Cash App.
- The check should not have been dishonored previously under any circumstances.
- You must endorse the check as per the guidelines of the Cash App only when the Electronic Check is created and not before that.
- Make sure that no one has deposited the check before or cashed it already previously.
What Are Thee Fees and Deposit Limits for The Check?
All the brick-and-mortar banks have a certain limit up to which you can withdraw or deposit the money. It is important to stick to those limits and avoid any penalty charges. These limits differ from one provider to the other as per their regulations and criteria.
As for the Cash App, there is also a limit for the Check Deposit. If you are making a Mobile Deposit, it will cost you up to $3500 per check.
In addition, five checks make a total of $7500 per month. As for the fee, mobile check deposits are all free of cost and you do not have to pay anything for those.
How Long Does It Take for Money to Reach Your Cash App Account?
Traditionally, the Cash App mobile check deposit does not take more than the first business day for the money to reach your Cash App account. As long as there is no problem with the channeling, this is the maximum time it should take.
On the other hand, checks are usually kept on hold for a period of 1 to 15 business days due to several reasons. This is done to cross-check all the associated details and prevent any fraudulent activity on the platform.
Other than this, money from the US Treasury Check is credited on the first business day after you submit the check.
Every single day is considered a business day except for Saturdays and Sundays. This also includes the official holidays where your check won’t be processed. Therefore, make sure to align your deposit timings so you could get it credited as soon as possible.
How To Solve Trouble with Depositing Check on Cash App?
Online transfers are more vulnerable to certain glitches and errors which is not much surprising. There are cases where people reported to have encountered troubles with the mobile check deposit feature of the Cash App.
If you are also experiencing the same issue, then it would be best to contact the customer support service. Let them know about your problem and the team will guide you through every inch of the process. Cash App support service is in-built into the Cash App. Here is how you can contact the representatives.
- Go to the Cash App on your device.
- Click on the profile icon located at the top right corner of the Cash App.
- Now, scroll down and click on the option of Support.
- Here, click on the option of Chat with Support.
- Write your query and wait for the customer support team to get back to you.
What Are Cash App Check Warranties?
Since there is no direct way of depositing a paper check on the Cash App, you can go for the Mobile Check Capture feature. But, with that, your check must warrant a couple of things that are mentioned below.
- Cross-check the images to confirm that they match with the original paper check. There must be no fabrication or contradicting information on both.
- Your electronic check has to be an eligible check under all circumstances.
- The accuracy of your Electronic Check must be on point. The credentials that should not be compromised at all include MICR data, check date, check writer’s signature, and the name of the issuer.
Before You Go!
Cash App does not facilitate you with the paper check deposit, instead, you can deposit the electronic checks using the mobile check capture. To use the mobile check capture, you will have to allow access to the camera of your device, time, geolocation, and storage too. Make sure to not lose your original check since it can be asked for at any point during the verification period.
Fulfill all the eligibility requirements of the Cash App electronic check and you are all good to proceed. Also, do not exceed the actual deposit limit of the Cash App to prevent your check from getting declined. The waiting period can range from 1 to 15 business days, but they are credited the first business days after submission of your Electronic Check.
Miriam Caldwell is a dedicated & expert freelance writer to educate people about personal finance management and budgeting. She shared her knowledge and published the articles at TheBalance.com, GOBankingRates, and BlissfullyDomestic.com. Many financial institutes pick Caldwell as the brilliant source for educational personal finance content.