When the benefits of a payment app are countless, why stop at a single account? That is why Cash App users are continuously inquiring, can you have multiple Cash App accounts? Well, although it is not impossible, there are a few limitations which I am going to share with you.
Can You Create a Second or Multiple Cash App Accounts?
can i have two cash apps
There is nothing stopping you from making a second Cash App account or 2 cash app accounts. For all its worth, you can have two Cash App accounts as you want. The only restriction is that each account must be linked with a new phone number and email ID.
So what happens when you provide the same number or banking details to try to create a second Cash App account?
You will instantly get the message “This phone number is already registered” and you will be prompted to provide another number in order to continue.
At the same time, if you provide a new phone number, there shouldn’t be any issues in signing-up. However, there will still be a problem when you have to verify the Cash App account. Verification provides ID proof and social security number which will be same for you even if you have entered different phone numbers.
You can continue using unverified Cash App account in this case.
How To Create Multiple Cash App Accounts?
So that is settled: You can get multiple Cash App accounts as long as you are able provide a new phone number and new email ID to verify it. This is how you can get this done:
- Open Cash App login page and click on Sign Up.
- Then enter the new phone number/email ID to verify the account.
- Enter the name of your country.
- In the next step, select Personal or Business account.
- Then provide your bank details and debit card information.
- Also enter the ZIP code and any other necessary data.
- Follow the on-screen instructions till the end.
You can shift between the two accounts by logging out and signing in with respective user ID and password.
Can You Use Two Cash App Accounts Simultaneously?
I don’t see the point of using two Cash App accounts simultaneously but if need be, there is an indirect way to use both accounts at the same time.
Simultaneously using two Cash App accounts will require you to download clone app for Cash App also known as dual apps feature.
Most Android devices have this feature but if yours seems to be missing out on it, try downloading Parallel Space instead. Create two accounts and link each Cash app with one. This will allow you to open different accounts simultaneously on your device.
Can Two Debit Cards Work With Same Cash App Account?
As I much as I hated finding that out for myself, it is not possible to connect more than one debit card to your Cash App account at a time. The same goes for connecting a credit card. One Cash App account only works with one credit card at a time.
What you can do instead is replace the existing debit card with another one if need be. You can remove the previous one and update the app with information of the new debit/credit card.
This is how you can get it done:
- Open your Cash App account.
- Then click on My Cash at the left side of the main screen.
- Find the bank account section and click to open.
- Tap the menu button to find details of the existing bank account.
- Now tap to remove the card or replace the card with new card information.
Can You Apply For Two Cash App Cards?
All verified Cash App users can apply for a Cash App prepaid card. Now you must be thinking the card is free, offers Cash App ATM withdrawals, and is a great payment method for online and in-store shopping so why not keep two instead of one?
Well, the simple answer is because you can’t!
Cash App issues only one debit card per account. The only way to get a second credit is report the previous one as missing.
Even in this case, as soon as your new card is activated, the old one becomes practically useless. Cash App will also replace your expired card with a new one. So the bottom line is that you can not have two functioning Cash App debit cards at the same time. To get a Cash App card, you need to:
- Login your Cash app account.
- Then click on the card-shaped icon on the main screen.
- Tap on New Cash Card.
- Provide the billing details and your home address.
- Choose design for the Cash App card.
- Proceed to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the application.
The card delivery can take up to 7 days. If there is a longer delay, I suggest you get in touch with Cash App customer support team for updates.
Obviously if you have two Cash App accounts, you can easily get access to Cash App cards as well. These two accounts must be linked to different banking details.
How To Change Personal Cash App Account To Business Account?
When you make a new Cash App accounts, the priority type would always be personal. You can, however, change it to business right there. In case you have finished setting up the account and you forgot to make the alteration, you would need to contact the customer support team to change it from personal to business account now.
- Open your Cash App account.
- Then click on Personal Settings.
- In the next step, click on Cash App Support.
This will put you in touch with an app representation who will further guide you on how to proceed.
How To Change a Business Cash App Account To Personal Account?
Similar to changing Cash App account from personal to business, the procedure of shifting from a business account to personal account also requires assistance from Cash App support team.
- Login your Cash App account.
- Click the Profile icon on the main screen.
- Then tap on Cash App Support.
Is It Possible To Replace a Bank Account With Cash App?
Replacing a linked bank account on Cash App works in the same way as removing previous debit card to make room for the new one. You can do so within the app by following the simple steps as:
- Open your Cash App account.
- Then click on My Cash tab on the main screen.
- Scroll down to find bank account details.
- Click on the menu button.
- Find the option that says Replace.
- Add details of the new bank account now.
Can I Merge Two Cash App Accounts?
I must share that I don’t have any personal experience with merging two Cash App accounts. It seems like many customers have tried their hands on this and, surprisingly, it has turned out well for them. What you need to do is:
- Login any of your Cash App accounts.
- Then click on Profile icon at the top right corner.
- After that select Personal option.
- Then tap on Add Phone or Email.
- Provide the details of the other Cash App account.
That is all. This will work out well if you have access to both Cash App accounts. Users who have lost credentials for a Cash App account and want to merge it with another should contact the customer support team for professional guidance.
Before You Go!
Whether you are interested to borrow money from app or use it simply for peer-to-peer payments, its clear that Cash App never seems to disappoint. That is why majority of the users are interesting in opening multiple accounts. Although you can not do it with the same credentials, with a new phone number/email ID second Cash App account is completely possible!
Miriam Caldwell is a dedicated & expert freelance writer to educate people about personal finance management and budgeting. She shared her knowledge and published the articles at TheBalance.com, GOBankingRates, and BlissfullyDomestic.com. Many financial institutes pick Caldwell as the brilliant source for educational personal finance content.