How to transfer money from gift card to PayPal is not as tricky as it may seem. It is actually quite easy!
It is always a respectable gesture when a friend or a family member hands you over a gift card so you can purchase the items of your choice.
First of All: Can You Transfer Money From Gift Card To Paypal?
Upon finding out that gift card balance can be transferred to PayPal, I decided to put forward this easy guide for all my readers.
Yes, it is possible to send funds from your giftcard to PayPal but this feature is not possible with all sorts of cards.
In this article, I would tell you how to transfer money from certain gift cards to your PayPal account. Other than that, if you a card that does not support direct transfer to PayPal or other mobile payment apps, then you can read about transfer of gift card balance to bank account instead.
How to Transfer Money From Gift Card To PayPal
These methods can come in handy when you want to use a store-specific card balance to purchase items elsewhere.
So if you have a Visa or Amazon gift card and you are worried that the funds will go to waste then here’s how the money can be shifted to PayPal account. Time to save some dollars, check this out!
1. Send Gift Card Balance To PayPal Using CashCard.com
- Make sure that your internet is working fine or otherwise, you would encounter login issues and more.
- Click on the internet browser and in the search bar, provide the address “www.CardCash.com”. Wait for the website to load.
- This is the place where you can avail different offers on transferring card balance to other accounts. Share card issue details and then click on “Get Offer”.
- Once the offer is on your screen, you can choose to turn it down or go ahead with it. If you press “Continue”, the website will then ask you to provide the gift card number and password.
- Note down the transfer details that the website provides, then open your PayPal account by providing sign-in information.
- Past the details here and click on “Get My PayPal Balance”. You will get the money as per CashCard deal.
2. Amazon Gift Card Allows You To Send Funds To PayPal
- Transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal by linking these two together in the same manner that you would link PayPal with any other debit card.
- Sign in your PayPal account and click on “Wallet”.
- Then click on “Link a credit card or debit card” and tap “Debit card” option to continue.
- Click on “Add Funds” on PayPal and then tap on “Add Fund From Debit Card”.
- Provide the gift card details such as card number and card issuer information along with the amount the you wish to move.
- Wait for the funds to be sent over.
3. You Can Transfer Balance On Your VISA Gift Card To PayPal
- Make sure that your internet is working fine or otherwise, you would encounter login issues.
- First of all, login your PayPal account by providing email ID and completing other verification steps.
- Then click on “Add or Edit Bank Account”. You can use this option to link bank account with PayPal. Once the two accounts are linked, you can move funds between them.
- Transfer gift card balance to the bank by visiting a nearby exchange portal.
- Wait to receive the funds then tap on “Add Funds” in your PayPal account.
- Choose “Add Funds From The Bank Account”, verify the information, and tap on “Continue”. Now you will be able to see gift card balance in your PayPal Account
4. You Can Transfer The Money To Your Bank Account Instead.
- If your gift card can not send funds to PayPal directly then you can transfer them to a bank account instead by using Square app.
- Sign in Square app or create a new one then open its “Settings”.
- For connecting with your bank account, enter the account details such as number and routing number.
- In the next step, provide your gift card details such as its number and issuer details. You also have to mention the amount that you wish to transfer.
- The transaction will begin immediately but it can take up to 24 hours to finish.
Please Note! eBay Gift Card Balance Is Non-Transferable
eBay gift card can only be used at the store and there is no way to transfer the funds to PayPal or any other online money transfer app.
What Are Gift Cards and How Do Gift Card Payments Work?
Gift cards don’t go a long way back but they surely gained a lot of popularity in a small amount of time. Different businesses hand out gift cards to their clients as a gesture of loyalty and brand trust. They are loaded with certain sum of money that the cardholder can then use as per his or her need.
Gift cards have one boundary: You can only utilize them at the specific store. This means Amazon gift cards can only be used to purchase items available at Amazon. In fact, sometimes, merchants also specify the categories from which you can purchase further limiting their usability.
Nonetheless, gift cards work seamlessly and therefore, many consider it to be a great item that you could gift to a friend on his birthday or loved one on some special occasion.
- You can purchase gift cards online.
- The rest of the online or in-store shopping should proceed as usual with you adding the items of interest to cart.
- Once you have all you need, provide the gift card at the check-out counter.
- The cashier would deduct the amount from the card.
..and you are done!
Gifts cards are convenient especially because they work like just any other debit card.
However, you can not reload a gift card. The funds, when finished, would means the card is not usable any more. This is a major different between a gift card and other debit cards like Cash App card that you reload via different methods.
The Bottom Line
Gift cards are quite handy and they are a pretty interesting present for your friends or family members as well. However, when you feel like your purchases are restricted and the funds can go to waste, you can always transfer the money to PayPal or your bank account using the simple guide that I have mentioned above.
PayPal is an all-rounder when it comes to online mobile payment apps. You can use it to send funds to other account or pay for online shopping at hundreds of different stores.
Needless to say, the money would be more usable once you have it in your PayPal account!
Miriam Caldwell is a dedicated & expert freelance writer to educate people about personal finance management and budgeting. She shared her knowledge and published the articles at TheBalance.com, GOBankingRates, and BlissfullyDomestic.com. Many financial institutes pick Caldwell as the brilliant source for educational personal finance content.