Venmo is an impeccable peer-to-peer money transfer app but some users have been struggling to find out how to get money from Venmo without bank account. Fortunately, now we have the answer!
Is Debit Card The Answer To How To Get Money From Venmo Without Bank Account?
You read that right!
Venmo comes with user-friendly debit card. You can easily apply for it through the mobile app and have it delivered to your doorstep.
Now if you are wondering why would you need this piece of plastics then here’s the answer!
- Venmo debit card support online payments at multiple e-stores and merchants.
- It can be used to clear bills at a physical store as well.
- You can get the debit with $0 additional charges.
- It allows you to cash out at an ATM or request for money over-the-counter at different locations.
So many reasons why you should have this card in your wallet!
Moreover, it lets you get money from Venmo without relying on a bank account.
So if you 18 years or older and a legal resident in the US who owns a US-based cellphone, there is nothing stopping you from getting your hands on the card right away!
How To Complete Venmo Debit Card Application via Mobile App?
- You can apply for the Venmo debit card through the mobile app.
- Open the app and tap on the three bars towards the top right corner of the screen.
- Then locate the option that mentions Venmo Debit card. It would take you right away to the card application form.
- Fill this form online with necessary personal information. You then have to attach government identifications documents as well such as SSN card, driver’s license, tribal ID card, etc.
- Complete the form by providing a clear, high-quality picture of yourself.
Once the application is submitted, you might have to wait up to 2 weeks for the card to reach you after the approval.
You can contact Venmo customer care center if the delivery takes longer than that.
There are no monthly charges or application charges associated with Venmo debit card.
Is It Possible To Recharge Venmo Debit Card Once You Run Out of Balance?
You can recharge for Venmo debit card or move funds directly into your account by 3 different methods, some of which are more convenient than the others.
- Bank to bank direct transfer.
- Direct deposit in to the debit card
- Online check deposit into Venmo account
Bank-to-bank money transfer is a great way to top-up your account or even ask your friends or family member to send you money.
- Access your Venmo account by logging in and click on Manage balance tab.
- After that, provide the amount of money that you wish to transfer and click Done.
- Move back to choose which account to link. Tap on Add Bank and then click Next.
- Confirm the details that you have provided and choose to transfer the money right away.
Alternatively, you can use direct deposit and online check deposits as well. Direct deposits to the card would become available right away. You only have to provide the routing number and account number to complete transfer.
If you choose to make an online check deposit instead then you can do so using the Venmo app again.
- Login to your account and click on Manage Balance.
- Then tap Cash a Check and provide the amount of money you want to deposit.
- Tap Deposit the check and the equivalent amount will be sent to your Venmo account.
What Are The Limits For Venmo Debit Card Usage?
Venmo has set a number of limits to restrict over-spending via account and also help minimize the damage done to your account if the access falls into wrong hands.
The limit that card users should be mostly concerned about is how much you can withdraw from an ATM or take over-the-counter. In both cases, the maximum you can cash out is $400 per day.
Other than that, Venmo lets you transfer up to $6999.99 per week for verified accounts and a much less amount for those with unverified accounts.
Need To Deactivate The Debit Card? Here’s How That Works!
You can deactivate the card if it no longer serves any purpose. Moreover, it is advisable to deactivate the card if you have misplaced it or it got stolen.
- You can do so by logging in your mobile app and tapping on Settings.
- Then click on Venmo debit card and hit the deactivate button.
Alternatively, you can have it disabled by contacting Venmo customer support team at 855-204-4090.
There is no need to deactivate a debit card that has already expired because it would be disabled automatically. Venmo debit card comes with an expiry date of which the cardholders are informed about 2 months beforehand.
Moreover, a card that has not yet reached it expiry would be deactivated automatically by Venmo if you haven’t used it for over 3 months. Reactivation would require you to make at least a single transaction immediately.
Before You Go
Venmo is an impeccable app for peer-to-peer money transfers. It was launched in 2009 and supports both, debit card use and mobile banking. You can download and use Venmo app in Android as well as Apple smartphones.
Furthermore, it is a complete safe platform that ensures that your funds are FDIC-insured. You can use it without hesitation for online and in-store shopping, electronic bills payments, ATM cash withdrawals, etc. without the worry or risk to security.
If bank account is not an option, you can use Venmo debit card to take out or transfer money to other accounts.
Hopefully, the article took care of all the queries you had related to Venmo money transfer options without bank account. Looking forwards to reading you reviews in the comment section!