Netspend offers several financial products such as those of Netspend Visa Prepaid Card and Netspend Prepaid Mastercard. While these are the feature-rich cards, we will be addressing whether does Amazon accept Netspend or not?
The Netspend platform aims to serve millions of underbanked customers and offers them advanced yet convenient financial solutions. It offers services for global payments and is a leading worldwide provider of payment technology.
Does Amazon Accept Netspend For Its Purchases?
Amazon, one of the largest internet-based enterprises accepts several payment methods such as those with credit, debit cards and Amazon Pay. In addition to these, it also facilitates the customers who wish to pay with prepaid cards.
Netspend, as we all know, is a provider of prepaid debit cards, Visa cards, and prepaid debit Mastercard. If you are one of the users, then you can easily make your purchases at Amazon via Netspend cards. These prepaid cards work similarly to any other debit or credit card.
The credit cards that you can utilize at Amazon to make a payment include Visa, Discover, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, and Diners Club.
Just like any traditional bank that has a stepwise process to authorize you for their payment cards, the same goes for Amazon. It needs to have a verification that your prepaid card is officially registered which requires assigning a valid billing address to the prepaid debit card.
As soon as you are beyond the registration step, you can utilize your Netspend prepaid card at Amazon to buy your loved products. However, to use a Netspend card, you need to be aware of certain rules and limitations that apply to them. We will be talking about all that you need to know in the proceeding sections in detail.
What Are The Payments Methods For Netspend Card at Amazon?
Talking of the payment methods, Amazon accepts Prepaid Visa and customers can purchase whatever they want. All you need to do is just verify your card details and pay to complete the order there.
Amazon also offers its customers the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card too with top-notch benefits.
Another one that you can use on the Amazon platform is the American Express prepaid card. These are widely available and can be put into usage at the time of your checkout to initiate the payment process.
The payment method approaches on Amazon do not only end here. You can also use a prepaid Visa gift card on the purchases and it is indeed a great deal. To employ the use of gift cards, make sure they are activated and ready for use.
You can load your gift card on the Amazon by going to Amazon website > Your Account > Account & List > Manage Payment options > Amazon Gift Card > Reload your balance > $ Enter an amount > Add a Card > Follow further prompts.
By now, we hope that you will be well equipped with the knowledge on whether does Amazon accept Netspend or not! Amazon is a versatile niche directed to support every individual’s convenience no matter what circumstances.
What Are The Restrictions On Prepaid Cards at Amazon?
Prepaid cards are indeed one of the convenient ways of paying for things as you do not need to have a bank account for them. These cards are also referred to as the stored-value cards. The icing on the top is that you don’t even have to worry about having a good credit history to use the prepaid cards.
While Amazon allows its customers to make purchases using the Netspend prepaid cards, it has set certain restrictions which are mentioned below.
- If you have a single order purchase, you cannot combine it with credit cards.
- Unlike other sites, Amazon does not support entering the CVV code i.e., the security code while making a purchase.
- If under any circumstance, you are asked to enter the three-digit CVV code, the payment is not processed successfully.
- As mentioned earlier, various banks require prepaid cards registration via the official name or authentic billing address.
- To ensure that the payment method you are using is valid or not, the banks hold a $1 for authorization.
The restrictions, however, are not rigid and only apply to some of the prepaid cards. It would be best to pore over the policies of your prepaid card company and the retailers to avoid any inconvenience.
How Can I Get a Netspend Card?
Netspend cards facilitate various transactions that are licensed under Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Here is how you can get one by following a few steps.
- Go to the Netspend official website.
- From there, you need to fill out an online order form.
- It requires basic information such as your name, address, zip code, and email address to activate the card account.
- Next, choose the card you want to attain.
- The company performs your identification verification and approves you as soon as possible.
- And that is it! You should receive your Netspend cards in approximately 7 to 10 business days.
How To Add Netspend to Amazon Account?
If you want to add your Netspend prepaid card to the Amazon Account, here is how you can do it.
- Go to the Amazon website on your device.
- Log in to your Amazon account there to proceed.
- Click on the Menu button which is present at the top left corner of your screen.
- Next, please click on the option of Your Account from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate for the Amazon Wallet on your screen.
- Now, click on the Manage Payment Option from The Drop-Down Menu.
- Here, Add your payment method which is present at the bottom of your screen.
- Now you need to add the information of your Netspend Prepaid Card.
- Once done, click on Add Your Card.
- The screen directs you to the Manage Payment Options page.
- Here it shows you a confirmation in the form of a green bar written as Payment Method Added.
- Just add whatever you want to purchase to your shopping cart.
- Check out once done, and lastly, pay with your Prepaid Visa Card. That’s it!
Netspend Prepaid Card – In a Nutshell
Netspend offers prepaid Visa Cards and Mastercard to the customers and they require no minimum balance and no credit checks. While credit and debit cards have stringent rules to abide by, prepaid cards come with a bit of leverage in comparison to them.
Netspend cardholders can make several purchases both online and in-store and withdraw the cash at the ATMs too. They can transfer funds to other accounts such as a checking account, Cash App, or Direct Express.
Please note that Netspend Small Business Prepaid Mastercard does not allow you to spend rewards as cash back or points.
Transferring funds onto your Netspend cards is another seamless and smooth process that requires no extensive effort. Whether it is a direct deposit, bank account transfers, card account transfers, or via reload Network, Netspend cards are all curated to facilitate you with each of these.
You can add funds to the account, that too without incurring a fee is using the direct deposit or via the Netspend online account number.
All in all, Netspend cards allow you to draw a line between business and personal expenses and help you with smarter financial management. Moreover, you won’t have to muddle up into any credit check to get approved for the Netspend prepaid card.
In addition to this, Netspend offers a Netspend Small Business Prepaid Mastercard which allows you to dispense funds to 10 sub-accounts simultaneously.
- Netspend Prepaid card as a credit card: $1 transaction fee.
- Netspend Prepaid card as a debit card: $2 service charge.
- Over-the-counter cash withdrawal: $2.50 per transaction.
- Local ATM cash withdrawal: $2.50
- Overseas cash withdrawal: $4.95+foreign transaction fee.
Before You Go!
Amazon is an epicenter where people can get whatever they want in just a few clicks. It has long been and continues to be the best e-commerce retails of all. To cater to every individual, or say every segment of the society, it has opted for magnificent approaches for sales. One such facility is that of the payment methods supported by various payment card types.
Netspend is one of the financial platforms offering customers Visa and Mastercard prepaid cards. Luckily, these are supported by Amazon and you can use them as your payment method at the time of checkout. The application process is straightforward and requires nothing but basic personal details for eligibility checks and verification.
Miriam Caldwell is a dedicated & expert freelance writer to educate people about personal finance management and budgeting. She shared her knowledge and published the articles at TheBalance.com, GOBankingRates, and BlissfullyDomestic.com. Many financial institutes pick Caldwell as the brilliant source for educational personal finance content.