Cash App transactions history is helpful and lets you track all your transaction details in correspondence to the date and time you made the transaction on. In addition to Cash App transactions on bank statement, the app transfer history as well. However, if you are a Cash App user and looking to delete Cash App history, we suggest you don’t get your hopes high.
How to Delete Cash App History?
Cash App has been the most effective channel in peer-to-peer payment transfers due to its robust service. In addition, it allows you to perform several other tasks, such as investing in stocks or selling cryptocurrencies.
We won’t say that it exactly a downside of the Cash App of not enabling the users to delete their transaction history.
Instead, it keeps all your transaction data highly private and encrypted, and no other than you and your recipient can view the transaction made.
Cash App has relatively rigid security protocols, and there is no third party that can have access to your transaction history by any means. It automatically adds up to your payment history, and you cannot make any changes in the Account settings to delete the history.
The transaction history of the Cash App displays the transaction ID, recipient ID, and the amount you transferred. All you can do is:
- Change a security PIN.
- Enable or disable the payment requests.
- Make your $Cashtag searchable for others.
So yeah, Cash App does not enable its users to delete the transaction history. So, if you wish to remove the data by any chance, you will have to delete your account on Cash App, which wipes off all the transactions ever made.
How to Delete Cash App Account?
To delete the Cash App Account, please follow these steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Cash App on your desktop or mobile.
- Navigate for the Profile icon present at the top right corner of your screen.
- Go to the Support option and choose the Something Else option to proceed further.
- Here, click on the option of Account Settings.
- Please select the option of Close Account, followed by the tab Close my Cash App Account on the menu.
- Next, you will see a list of whole guidelines and protocols for permanently closing your Cash App account.
- Choose the option of Confirm Closing Account at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you click on Confirm, you will receive an email telling you about the closure of your account.
Where to View the Cash App Transaction History From?
The transaction history provides you with all the transfers details you might need at some point. The Cash App payment history saves all of it from failed and pending transactions to the successful ones so you can have a look whenever you wish to. To do so:
- Go to the Cash App on your device.
- Click on the Activity tab at the bottom of your screen.
- Once done, it displays all of the transactions you have made through the Cash App.
- Click on whatever transaction you want to have a look at, and it shows all the relevant data associated with it, such as the time, date of transactions, the ID of both the sender and recipient and a few other details.
How to Download Cash App Transaction History?
Downloading the Cash App transaction history would be the safest and smartest choice to keep a record of all your transfers. However, there can be several glitches when searching for the statement online; to avoid that, it is best to download the history at least once a month.
Here is a quick glimpse of what you need to do to download the transaction history:
- Log in to your Cash App account on the available device.
- Navigate for the option of Profile.
- Once done, look for the option of Transaction History on the screen.
- Next, you need to click on the option of Statements.
- This will ask you to choose a format you must select for CSV format.
- As soon as you do it, it downloads the transaction history of your account, which you can keep in the record for future use.
- To make sure, look into the Download folder once to prevent any problem later on.
Can I Cancel Cash App Pending Payments?
Pending payments can get annoying as they hang in between the channels due to errors. If your Cash App balance has not been deducted yet, you can cancel such transactions by:
- Log in to the Cash App account on your device.
- Click on the option of Activity tab present on the right bottom of your screen.
- Look for the transaction you want to delete or cancel.
- Please select the payment and have a look at its status. It displays as pending or confirmed.
- If it is a pending one, you are lucky enough to proceed.
- Click on the three dots present at the top right corner of your screen.
- Once done, click on the Cancel button.
- Lastly, please choose the option of Refund on the tab, and that is it!
- You will get the payment back into your Cash App account by doing so.
It is one of the best features as it allows you to instantly delete the pending payment if you sent it to the wrong recipient.
Before You Go!
The fact is that all the Cash App transactions and their relevant details are safe and secure on the app and won’t be accessed by anyone but you and other than people having your account details. Cash App has been at the top of its game for years and has become quite an online payment platform.
You can deal with digital payments seamlessly as security is one of the top priorities of Cash App. Unfortunately, you cannot delete the transaction history due to security concerns. However, if you still wish to remove it, the only outlet is you delete the Cash App account permanently and start from the fresh.
Miriam Caldwell is a dedicated & expert freelance writer to educate people about personal finance management and budgeting. She shared her knowledge and published the articles at TheBalance.com, GOBankingRates, and BlissfullyDomestic.com. Many financial institutes pick Caldwell as the brilliant source for educational personal finance content.